It is hard to believe such great flavor comes from these tiny little vanilla beans. Watch this video to learn the long journey of the vanilla bean from plant to plate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQl-oHeII6w
As we are approaching the end of the alphabet, we thought everyone would want to enjoy a nice cup of coffee after all these yummy foods from A to V (so far). Below is a recipe from Taste of Home for homemade vanilla coffee creamer.
Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 can (14 ouncesweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream 2% milk or heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into a small saucepan; add bean.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan; cook and stir over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard vanilla bean. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Stir before using.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC