We made it! Food Fun from A to Z! Zucchini has been in the spotlight lately. We’ve seen everything from zucchini noodles to zucchini fries to zucchini chips. This green veggie is a good source of fiber and vitamin C. Zucchini is a versatile vegetable with a mild flavor that can play a part in a variety of dishes. You can:
-Add chopped zucchini to soups or stews
-Include chopped zucchini to your spaghetti sauce along with peppers and onions.
-Add shredded zucchini to your burgers and meatloaf
Of course, you can always keep it simple with a side dish of sautéed zucchini.
Simple Zucchini Saute
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large skillet over medium heat
- Add zucchini and Italian seasoning
- Cook until tender, about 10 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- Top with parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Have fun with shapes. Chop zucchini in circles, half moons, pie shapes or julienne. Photo courtesy of Delish.com